FO: The Clayoquot cardigan and hat

I’ve talked previously about a test knit cardigan and hat I’ve knitted for my niece. Well, the pattern is finally up so I’m allowed to share these with you: (note: no the cow is not my niece…)

Clayoquot cardigan and hat

Both were made from patterns from Tin Can Knits, from her new collection Roadtrip, and the patterns are Clayoquot Cardigan and Clayoquot Toque. Both were knit in the round with stranded colorwork, and I used the 100% superwash merino DMC woolly yarn. The cardigan is steeked, and I followed the directions for crochet steek from Kate Davies. The steeking bit was quite easy, I tried her steek sandwich method for hidding the steek, but I thought it too bulky and unpicked it and used a handsewn ribbon instead.

You can see I had a bit of a problem with mantaining tension in the longer floats, even though they looked so loose when knitting up, I’m not sure how to improve it.., Blocking definitively helped, though you can still spot it. So any inputs from you will be very helpful! For more details check out my project pages.

Já tinha referido em posts anteriores dois testes de modelos, um casaco e um gorro que tricotei para a minha sobrinha. Bem, o modelo foi finalmente publicado e por isso posso partilhá-los convosco. (NOTA: a vaca de peluche não é a minha sobrinha…)

Usei para ambos modelos da designer Tin Can Knits, os modelos pertencem à sua nova colecção Roadtrip, são os modelos Clayoquot Cardigan (casaco) e Clayoquot Toque (gorro). Ambos foram tricotados em circular, usando a técnica de jacquard para tricotar os motivos coloridos. O fio usado é 100% lã merino superwash, o DMC woolly. O casaco é “steeked”, o que significa que é cortado a meio numa secção previamente preparada. Para a preparação do corte usei as instrucções da Kate Davies para o reinforço do corte em crochet – crochet steek (em inglês). A parte do corte foi muito fácil, ainda tentei usar o  método “steek sandwich” para ocultar o corte, mas achei que ficava grosso demais e desfiz. Fiz uma botoneira normal e cosi uma fita para esconder o corte.

Consegue-se ver na foto que tive um pequeno problema em manter a tensão nas secções com fios passados mais longas, embora me parecessem bastante lassas quando estava a tricotar. Não faço ideia como resolver este problema. A lavagem e secagem ajudou um bocadinho, mas ainda se consegue perceber. Toda a ajuda é bem vinda! Para mais detalhes vejam as minhas páginas de projecto no Ravelry – casaco e gorro.

 

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s