Recent projects / Projectos recentes

Hi everyone!

I thought on catching you guys up on some recent finished objects, I haven’t updated in a while. I’ve been finishing a lot, mainly because I’ve been working in smaller projects. So here’s the list:

My windswept sweater:

This sweater was made out of deep deep stash, with a wool and viscose yarn I got from ebay (I’m not sure in which percentage), the pattern is the Windswept from Tin Can Knits. I had this sweater on the needles for over a year, so I was quite ready to finish it. Overall I’m happy with it, but I really don’t like how the sleeves fit on the upper arms. I did not check the pattern numbers, and they’re a bit wider than I’d like but I don’t want to change it now. Other than the adjustment of the fitting at the waist I changed the bottom and sleeve hems – I used a folded hem instead of the garter stitch hem.

I also finished a couple of pairs of socks, ones for myself and others for my boyfriend:

My own were made out of Regia 4-ply and the pattern is the Monkey socks, though I made them toe-up because I didn’t have 100g of yarn and was worried I might run out. For the gusset and heel I used the directions for the toe-up square heel from Sock Architecture. For my boyfriend’s socks I also used a pattern from the Sock architecture book, the bootstrap socks, and the yarn is from a German indie dyer, Baerenwolle, it’s the Baerfoot sock in the colorway pond. This project was entered in the Herbsblatt Regina podcast KAL using this specific colorway, the #pondalong.

I made a stuffie for my niece’s birthday back in August:

She has just turned two and currently has a fixation with dogs, so I decided to make her a Poklon. The pattern is from Ysolda Teague and I knitted it using Katia Merino Classic. No pattern changes here.

And finally a cardigan for a new baby from my cousin:

The pattern is the Wee Liesl, also from Ysolda Teague. I used the leftover yarn from my Shawl shirt, the Three irish girls Adorn sock. I knit the 6-12 months size without changes, other than shortening the body because I ran out of yarn.

So here’s the list of what I’ve been making. I have a few more finished projects to show but I haven’t blocked them yet and I hope I can share them soon-ish.

Bye 😉

Olá Olá!

Já não vos escrevo há algum tempo, e pensei em fazer-vos uma actualização de projectos que tenho terminado recentemente. Até tenho tricotado bastante e tenho terminado muitos projectos, principalmente porque me tenho dedicado a coisas pequenas. Vamos começar? Aqui está o rol:

A minha camisola windswept:

Esta camisola foi feita com um fio que já estava guardado há muito muito tempo, numa mistura de viscose e lã que comprei através do Ebay (não me lembro em que percentagem), o modelo é o Windswept da Tin Can Knits. Já tinha esta camisola nas agulhas há mais de um ano, por isso estava mais que preparada para a terminar. No geral fiquei contente com o resultado, mas não gosto muito da largura das mangas. Não verifiquei as dimensões dadas pelo modelo, e acho-as muito largas, mas não me incomoda o suficiente para desfazer e alterá-las. As modificações que fiz ao modelo foram o ajuste da modelagem da cintura para as minhas medidas e substituí a bainha em jarreteira por uma bainha dobrada quer nas mangas quer no corpo.

Também terminei dois pares de meias, umas para mim e outras para o meu namorado: 

As minhas meias foram feitas com o fio Regia 4-ply e o modelo é o Monkey socks, mas fi-las da biqueira para o cano pois não tinha um novelo de 100g e estava com medo de ficar sem fio. Para o calcanhar e para a conexão entre calcanhar e pé (o “gusset”) usei as instruções para um calcanhar quadrado tricotado a partir da biqueira do livro Sock Architecture. Para as meias do meu namorado também usei um modelo do mesmo livro, as bootstrap socks, o fio foi pintado por uma tintureira alemã, a Baerenwolle, e é o Baerfoot sock na cor pond. Este projecto entrou no TEC do podcast Herbsblatt Regina usando esta cor, o #pondalong.

Tricotei um boneco para o aniversário da minha sobrinha em Agosto: 

Ela acabou de fazer dois anos e no momento tem uma fixação com cães, ou “Auaus” como ela lhe chama, e por isso decidi fazer-lhe um Poklon. O modelo é da Ysolda Teague e tricotei-o usando o Katia Merino Classic. Não fiz nenhuma modificação ao modelo.

E por último um casaquinho para a novo bebé da minha prima:

O modelo é o Wee Liesl, também da Ysolda Teague. Usei o fio que me sobrou da minha camisola Shawl shirt, e é o Three irish girls Adorn sock. Tricotei o tamanho 6-12 meses sem fazer modificações, mas tive que encurtar o corpo pois fiquei sem fio.

Pronto, aqui está a lista do que tenho tricotado. Tenho mais alguns projectos terminados para mostrar mas ainda não tive oportunidade de os bloquear e fotografar por isso espero poder partilhá-los brevemente.

Até à próxima 😉

Advertisements

3 thoughts on “Recent projects / Projectos recentes

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s